Thursday 16 December 2010

Triangle

Triangle waited with Felix for food every morning and seemed to be getting used to me.  One day I decided to try touching her while she was feeding and to my surprise she carried on eating.


I continued to stroke her every day and she soon recognised me and Ken, who also looked after her and the other cats.  One day while I was eating some toast she came close so I gave her a small piece.  She loved it and that seemed to be the start of her becoming 'tame'. 


Ken shares his toast with Triangle
Only two months had passed since Triangle was a kitten sharing Felix's cage. It was hard to believe that this was a feral kitten which had not had any human contact before.

We kept in touch with the North Birmingham Cats Protection and they offered to help with neutering the feral cats. In mid-October we managed to get Triangle in a pet-carrier and she was taken to the vet for her operation.  She was back with us two days later showing absolutely no sign of just having had surgery.


A few weeks later I decided to try to pick her up.  I was a bit hesitant because I have not handled cats since I was a child but Triangle seemed to be getting more and more friendly so I had a go.  She didn't mind at all and started purring straight away.  We have now got to the stage where she will jump up onto my lap if I sit down.



No comments:

Post a Comment